Healthy Recipe: Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding
Who says desserts can’t be healthy? Enjoy this silky pudding that’s rich in flavor and omega-3s!
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted, chopped nut of choice (optional)
Gather all the ingredients (except the optional nuts), put them in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
Pour the pudding into serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour in order for the chia seeds to thicken.
Garnish with chopped nuts of choice before serving.
- Number of servings: 6 (serving size: ½ cup)
- Calories: 129
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
Recipe adapted from the American Heart Association.