We understand that preparing your taxes can be complicated with the different tax provisions for clergy. To assist you, the following resources and on-call experts are available to provide information. We recommend that you discuss specifics with a tax or financial advisor familiar with your specific situation.
2017 Clergy Tax Forms and Resources
- 2017 Tax Guide for Episcopal Ministers (for 2016 Tax Returns)
- CPF State Withholding For W-4P
- Federal Income Tax Withholding For W4P
Go to Tax Publications to order a printed copy of the Clergy Tax Guide.
Nancy N. Fritschner, CPA
Member of the CREDO Finance Faculty
The Rev. Canon William Geisler, CPA (ret.)
Regular lecturer on clergy and church tax issues
Please note that this service provides information, not personal tax advice. If you need advice or help preparing your tax returns, you may wish to ask your diocese to refer a CPA or tax advisor in your area who is knowledgeable about clergy taxes.
- IRS forms and publications
- Information about tax-deferred annuity investments with Church Life
- Order the 2016 Church and Clergy Tax Guide by Richard R. Hammar:
- Call (800) 222-1840
- Visit the Church Law Today bookstore
- Contact Christian Ministry Resources at
PO Box 2301
Matthews, NC 28106
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.