Long-Term Disability Coverage
In most cases, injuries and illnesses that keep clergy and lay employees out of work will not last more than a few months. But in some cases, employees need a longer recovery period. As such, Zurich American Life Insurance Company offers Long-Term Disability Insurance, and we encourage employees to purchase this insurance before injury or illness occurs.
New Disability Vendor
Zurich American Life Insurance Company (Zurich), a New York domestic life insurance company, is insurer for the group short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance policies, as of January 1, 2020.
- All employees enrolled in employee-paid disability plans effective January 1, 2020, must complete and return the employee-paid plan enrollment form as soon as possible
- Check out the new rates at Disability Premiums
- Get detailed summaries of benefits for all STD and LTD plans at Disability Insurance Publications
Want more information about Zurich? Watch our webinars now available on-demand.
- Disability Update Webinar #1
- Disability Update Webinar #2
- The Claims Journey and Using Zurich's Web Portal
All communications regarding the change will also be posted in Documents & Mailings. Check there for anything you may have missed!
1 Policy Number: CNYEX01112
To learn more:
- See Disability Premiums for premium rates
- See Long-Term Disability Publications for detailed Summaries of Benefits for all long-term disability plans
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or Email us
To file claims:
2 For claims occurring on or before December 31, 2019, call Lincoln Financial Group at (800) 210-0268 or go to www.mylincolnportal.com.
Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Disability Insurance Disclaimer