Healthy Recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Sage
A light but hearty side dish that’s great for the holidays or any time of the year.
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse the slices of leek well to remove any grit, then pat dry. Combine with Brussels sprouts, pancetta, sage, oil, salt, and pepper in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. (If the Brussel sprouts are on the larger side, roasting may take a bit longer.)
Made this dish ahead of time? No problem! It can be kept warm in a 225 degree Fahrenheit oven for up to 15 minutes.
- Number of servings: 8 (about 2/3 cup per person)
- Calories: 109
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
Recipe courtesy of AARP.