Documents & Mailings
- Church Life Waiver of 2020 IRA Required Minimum Distribution (SECURE Act)
- Church Life IRA Frequently Asked Questions (SECURE Act)
- 2019 Denominational Health Plan (DHP) Annual Report - English | Español
- 2020 Clergy Tax Return Preparation Guide for 2019 Returns
- CPG Supplement to the 2020 Clergy Tax Return Preparation Guide
- Employee Roster User Guide
- Instructions - Employee Roster Compensation Batch Upload
- A Guide to Clergy Benefits - English | Español
- A Guide to the Lay Defined Benefit Plan
- A Guide to International Clergy Benefits - English | Español
- Zurich Disability Enrollment Template for Employers Adding 25+ Employees
- Zurich Employee Enrollment Form for Voluntary Disability Plans
- Zurich Enrollment Packet Cover Letter
- Zurich 2020 Disability Fact Sheet for Employers
- Zurich Cost Summary
- Zurich 2020-2022 Disability Insurance Rates
The Lay Defined Benefit Plan is a qualified plan under Section 401(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, but as a church plan, it is not subject to ERISA. The plan's financial condition is disclosed in the Church Pension Group Annual Report.
The Church Pension Fund, as sponsor of this plan, continues to monitor the funding status closely. Like many defined benefit plans, the Lay Defined Benefit Plan currently is not fully funded. The Church Pension Fund retains the right to amend, terminate or modify the terms of the Lay Defined Benefit Plan, including the employer assessment rate, without notice and for any reason.
Health benefits are offered through plans maintained by Church Pension Group Services Corporation (doing business as The Episcopal Church Medical Trust), 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.
Life insurance and annuities are offered by or through Church Life Insurance Corporation, 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.