to Protect Benefits
It is vital that assessments be paid in full and on time in order to avoid late penalties and a loss of coverage.
To ensure accurate pension benefits, all clergy should:
- Ensure that their parish or other employer pays their assessments in full and on time.
- Review their Annual Certificate every year and call Pension Services with any questions or to report any discrepancies.
- Review their Personal Information Summary every year and contact Client Services with any corrections or questions.
- Contact Client Services if:
- They change jobs or are between cures.
- They marry or divorce, or if their spouse dies.
- A dependent child under age 25 becomes disabled.
- They exercise their ministry outside the Episcopal Church.
- They become a parent.
- They move.
Clergy should also develop a comprehensive retirement plan that includes other sources of income, such as Social Security, personal savings and investments.