Life Insurance Pension Benefit
Eligible active, inactive, and retired clergy receive a Group Term Life Insurance benefit.
- Four times the cleric’s current total compensation – up to $100,000
- If no beneficiary is named, the benefit is paid in accordance with the default beneficiary provisions of the policy. For details, email us to request a copy of your policy.
If a cleric dies while not in active service, his or her beneficiary will receive a benefit if the cleric had earned at least 25 years of Credited Service. The benefit is the same as that for active clergy.
- Four times their Highest Average Compensation
- Minimum value of $10,000; maximum value of $50,000
- Provided to all clergy who either:
- Retire directly from active service, or
- Who have earned at least 25 years of Credited Service