Fidelity PLRS to SCP Conversion
Fidelity Simplified Contribution Platform (SCP)
Say Goodbye to Paper Processing!
Fidelity has replaced the paper-based PLRS (Contribution Transmittal Form) system for submitting Employer and Employee remittances with a new quick and efficient online system.
The change applies to contribution remittances for:
- The Episcopal Church Lay Employees’ Defined-Contribution Retirement Plans (Lay DC Plans)
- The Episcopal Church Retirement Savings Plan (RSVP)
Each employer still using PLRS must transition to the Simplified Contribution Platform (SCP) immediately.
Effective January 1, 2019, Fidelity will no longer issue paper invoices or accept checks. Should you send a check, Fidelity will attempt to contact you to get you set up on SCP, but please note, due to regulations, they have only three days before the check must be returned.
Those currently using the online PSW system are not affected by the transition at this time; you will have the opportunity to switch in 2019 if you desire.
Click the steps below for detailed information, and help with common questions.
Step 1 — Provide Your Email
Where do I begin?
If you have not already done so, please provide your email contact information, plan number, and division code from your last invoice as soon as possible at https://fidelityinvestments.tfaforms.net/660093.
Once you do so you will receive a series of three email communications from Fidelity (or the “Simplified Contribution Platform" from domain @appian.fidelity.com).
- Within one month: a “heads up” email to notify you of the new platform.
- The next week: a welcome email including a video tutorial and detailed user guide.
- The following week: an email with your username and password and a link to log in and create your online account.
When you receive your user name and password from Fidelity it is important to set up your account and complete the registration process as soon as possible so you can continue to submit contributions in a timely manner.
Step 2 — Create Your Account
I provided my contact information, now what?
Once you receive the set-up email from Fidelity including your temporary password and username, and click the Login link, you will be prompted to set up a new permanent password.
Can't find the email with your temporary login and password? Please follow these steps:
- Go to the Fidelity SCP Login page
- Click Forgot Your Password?
- Enter your Username (Note: Your username is typically your email address in lowercase letters)
- Click Send Email to request a link to reset your password
Important note! Make sure all the plans your institution is enrolled in are connected to your SCP account. For example: any group which adopted the Lay DC plan prior to 2013 will have different plan numbers for employer and employee contributions*. If all of your plans are not appearing when you create your account please call Fidelity for assistance at (800) 868-1023.
|Lay DC 401(a)
|Lay DC 403(b)
Any new users (i.e. your successor if you change roles, or additional administrators at your organization) will need to go back to step 1 and provide their email contact information before they can set up their account.
*If you are unsure of your plan numbers, check your plan adoption confirmation letter, or the Employee Roster. Your plan number is not the same as your unique division code.
Step 3 — Verify Your Banking Info
How do I set up my banking information?
Before you can create your first contribution request you must add your banking information and it must be validated. Detailed instructions are available in the SCP User Guide. Funding Options include ACH (no fee) or Wire Transfer (your bank may apply a fee*).
- When you first log in to the system you will be prompted to establish a bank account to use for funding your contributions
- Complete all the fields marked with an asterisk and click Preview Account
- After the validation period, your bank account information appears as a funding option in your contribution request
Important note! Allow up to 10 business days for account validation, depending on your bank.
You must also be sure to add banking information for each plan that your organization is enrolled in. You only need to do this once.
*Contact your bank to determine if any fees apply. CPG is not responsible for any fees charged by your bank.
Step 4 — Submit Contribution Request
After your banking information has been validated you are ready to create your first contribution request.
When you log in the system automatically opens to the My Contribution Request page and displays your new or saved requests that are ready for processing.
- The request populates with your prior participant contribution information
- New participants will not pre-populate with a contribution amount
- Eligible participants can be added to the request if applicable
- Confirm participant and funding amounts, and all request details before submitting
Detailed instructions are available in the SCP User Guide.
Important note! SCP is not used for enrollment or termination; it is only for submitting employer and/or employee contributions.
Step 5 — Set Notifications
Is there anything else I need to do?
Don't forget to configure reminders and notifications before you log off!
It is important to continue submitting contributions in a timely manner and reminders can help you do that. SCP offers customizable email notification reminders that you can set up on a time frame that you choose. To do so:
- Click your profile icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click Configure Reminders
- Set up notification time frames to align with your payroll cycle
You may now enjoy the benefits of the new platform, including these:
- Paperless processing
- Email notification reminders
- Pre-screening to confirm submissions
- Automated funding
- Transaction history
For additional information about the registration process, or other SCP related questions please call Fidelity at (800) 868-1023.
For general inquiries, you may contact our Client Services team at (855) 215-5990, Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays). Or email us at email@example.com.