Healthy Recipe: Yogurt-Curry Marinated Chicken Thighs
Wake up your sleepy winter palate with this zesty taste of Spring!
- 4 large or 8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 lbs), skin removed
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup grated onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Whisk yogurt, onion, curry powder, oil, salt, and crushed red pepper in a shallow pan. Add chicken and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high or broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill or broil, turning once or twice, until no longer pink in the center (165 degrees Fahrenheit), about 25-30 minutes.
- Number of servings: 4
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 4g Saturated; 6g Monounsaturated
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
Recipe courtesy of AARP.