When You're Away From Home
We have contracted with UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance to provide you a travel benefit for emergency services that are not covered by Medicare.
Retired members and their dependents who are working or traveling 100 or more miles away from their primary residence or outside of their home country, can obtain emergency medical, travel, and personal security assistance 24/7, anywhere in the world through the UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance Response Center.
The Travel Protection Benefit includes a $25,000 maximum per individual, per cause, and a $200,000 lifetime maximum per individual. You must contact UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance within 48 hours of being admitted to an inpatient facility or within 48 hours before being evacuated, or your payment may be reduced.
- Medical and dental services in a foreign country
- Monitoring of treatment
- Visitor travel assistance
- Medical or security evacuation
- Transportation after stabilization
- Facilitation of hospital payment
Please consult the travel benefit section in the 2021 Medicare Supplement Handbook for more information.
For further information:
- Download the UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance brochure or download the International Travel Claim Submission Form (for Retirees participating in Medicare Supplement plans only)
- Visit UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance
- Call (800) 527-0218
Health benefits are offered through plans maintained by Church Pension Group Services Corporation (doing business as The Episcopal Church Medical Trust), 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.
Neither The Church Pension Fund nor any of its affiliates (collectively, “CPG”) is responsible for the content, performance, or security of any website referenced herein that is outside the www.cpg.org domain or that is not otherwise associated with a CPG entity.