Church Publishing Incorporated
Church Publishing Incorporated (CPI) was founded in 1918 as the Church Hymnal Corporation, a nonprofit affiliate of the Church Pension Group. Today, CPI’s 14 staff professionals produce about 50 new books and resources each year, and manage a portfolio of more than 2600 active products, many sold worldwide.
CPI’s core publishing program is structured around The Book of Common Prayer, The Hymnal 1982, and the specialized books and resources used in the liturgy, faith formation, governance, life, and mission of The Episcopal Church.
Books of interest to persons of faith, to the academic community, and titles especially for children extend CPI’s reach into the broader ecumenical market and across the worldwide Anglican Communion. The Jesus Movement (racial reconciliation, creation care, and evangelism) and the Way of Love feature prominently in our catalog, along with books on retirement readiness, leadership, social justice, stewardship, and wellness (financial, spiritual, mental health).
CPI also produces a wide range of church supplies including lectionary bulletin inserts, parish registers, certificates, and planning calendars. Its growing library of digital resources features eBooks; audio books, web-based formation programs; as well as popular digital resources for worship planning including the eCP app, Rite Planning, ritesong.
CPI is proud to publish more than 400 authors as it supports the parishes, agencies, schools, and seminaries of The Episcopal Church and the Office of General Convention, its task forces and standing commissions.
Order Church Publishing resources directly from churchpublishing.org; by calling (800) 242-1918; or through any Episcopal, religious, or secular bookstore. Church Publishing books are also available through online booksellers, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Cokesbury.com, and ChristianBook.com.
Specialty Resources for the Church
CPI supports the Church Pension Group's (CPG) vision by publishing books and digital resources to promote retirement readiness, financial wellness, personal well-being and financial stability in the Church.
- Faithful Investing: The Power of Decisive Action and Incremental Change
- One Minute Stewardship: Creative Ways to Talk about Money in Church
- Fearless Church Fundraising: The Practical and Spiritual Approach to Stewardship
- Financial Management for Episcopal Parishes
- Deeper Simplicity, Broader Generosity: Images of Financial Wholeness
- Stewardshift: An Economia for Congregational Change
- Remember the Future: Financial Leadership and Asset Management for Congregations
- Fearless Major Gifts: Inspiring Meaning-Making
- Buying God: Consumerism and Theology
- Making Money Holy
- Restreaming: Thriving in the Currents of Retirement
- Dancing from the Inside Out: Grace-filled Reflections on Growing Older
- Redeeming Dementia: Spirituality, Theology, and Science
- Threshold of Discovery: A Field Guide to Spirituality in Midlife
- The Courage to Grow Old
- How Then Shall We Live?: Christian Engagement with Contemporary Issues
- Holy Dying: Stories and Struggles
- Changes: Prayers and Services Honoring Rites of Passage
Physical and Mental Wellness
- The Living Diet: A Christian Journey to Joyful Eating
- Christ on the Psych Ward
- Post Traumatic God: How the Church Cares for People Who Have Been to Hell and Back
- Christ Walk: A 40-Day Spiritual Fitness Program
- Strength for the Journey: A Guide to Spiritual Practice
- So You Think You Don’t Know One?: Addiction and Recovery in Clergy and Congregations
- Do This, Remembering Me: The Spiritual Care of Those with Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Just Begin: A Sourcebook of Spiritual Practices
- Christ Walk Crushed: A 40-Day Journey toward Reconciliation
- With Sighs Too Deep for Words: Grace and Depression
The Evolving Needs of the Church
- Bivocational: Returning to the Roots of Ministry
- What is Evangelism?
- Seeing My Skin: A Story of Wrestling with Whiteness
- Beyond a Binary God: A Theology for Trans* Allies
- Proclaim!: Sharing Words, Living Examples, Changing Lives
- Becoming Real: And Thriving in Ministry
- The Very Best Day: The Way of Love for Children
- Hospitable Planet: Faith, Action, and Climate Change
- Living into God’s Dream: Dismantling Racism in America
- Issues in Prayer Book Revision: Volume 1
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org and www.churchpublishing.org domain are not associated with Church Publishing Incorporated and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.