New Disability Vendor
Zurich American Life Insurance Company (Zurich), a New York domestic life insurance company, is insurer for the group short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance policies, as of January 1, 2020.
- All employees enrolled in employee-paid disability plans effective January 1, 2020, must complete and return the employee-paid plan enrollment form as soon as possible
- Check out the new rates at Disability Premiums
- Get detailed summaries of benefits for all STD and LTD plans at Disability Insurance Publications
Want more information about Zurich? Watch our webinars now available on-demand.
- Disability Update Webinar #1
- Disability Update Webinar #2
- The Claims Journey and Using Zurich's Web Portal
All communications regarding the change will also be posted in Documents & Mailings. Check there for anything you may have missed!
1 Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Why Offer Disability Coverage?
Disability coverage protects your employees and your organization when an employee is too sick or injured to work. This coverage assures that employees have income while they’re disabled and – in some cases – provides funds to your organization to hire a temporary replacement.
The insurance is offered through Zurich American Life Insurance Company (Zurich), a New York domestic life insurance company.
Protect Your Employees and Organization
Enroll your organization at any time.
Enroll employees within 31 days of their date of hire to guarantee acceptance and avoid paying back premiums.
Short-term disability and long-term disability insurance policies are underwritten and issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company.