Risk Management Programs and Resources
A Foundation Based on Risk Management
By educating our policyholders, identifying vulnerabilities to risk, and taking the necessary steps to minimize financial consequences we can help ensure that your people, property, and finances are properly protected. We offer several programs and initiatives to help you manage risk.
Episcopal Safety Program
A proactive program in which we walk-though your property and operations, and develop detailed report outlining your liability risks.
Periodic stewardship meetings we hold with your leadership to discuss ways your organization can manage risk.
CPG Connect Newsletter
Risk management best practices, insurance coverage updates, and other relevant topics are featured in CPG Connect, along with articles that highlight how CPG is serving those who serve the Church.
Factsheets and Checklists
Helpful reference materials on topics such as risk management, facility maintenance, filing a claim, and new coverage options.
Access to services and materials designed to protect children and adults from sexual misconduct.
We take a disciplined and hands-on approach to risk management in an effort to protect your organization’s assets. When examining the risks of your organization we follow these five steps:
- Risk identification and measurement: This involves examining your business — from property holdings to operational processes—and identifying risks that could threaten your organization’s assets. We then estimate each risk’s potential financial impact on your organization’s asset base.
- Risk avoidance and reduction: This is the process of averting or mitigating risk through operational planning and loss prevention/safety programs.
- Risk retention: This is the act of self-funding certain types and amounts of risk.
- Risk transfer: This practice refers to the deflection of risk away from your organization and onto others, e.g. through the use of indemnity and hold harmless agreements.
- Risk monitoring and adjustment: This is the periodic process of re-examining your chosen risk management strategies and adjusting them to fit your organization’s financial and other objectives.
The foundation of Church Insurance was built on risk management. Our job is to help you avoid, reduce, and transfer risk so that you can focus on your ministry and serving the Church.