Eligibility & Enrollment
Clergy who meet the following criteria are eligible for Short Term Disability coverage:
- Actively working in an Episcopal organization for at least 20 hours per week
- Canonically resident in the United States
- Pension assessment payments to The Church Pension Fund are up-to-date
You may be eligible for benefits if, for 30 days or more, you:
- Are unable to work because of illness or injury, or
- Have a 20% to 80% loss in earnings due to a limited ability to work because of illness or injury
You are automatically enrolled in the Short Term Disability plan if you meet the criteria above.1 No evidence of insurability required.
If you have questions about Short Term Disability eligibility or enrollment, please review:
- Download A Guide to the Short Term Disability Benefit
- Review Common Questions
- Call Client Services at (866) 802-6333, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM - 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or
- Email us .
1If you are between jobs and paying your own assessments, your enrollment in Short Term Disability continues. Should you become disabled, the benefit would be paid directly to you.