We understand that preparing your taxes can be complicated with the different tax provisions for clergy. To assist you, the following resources and on-call experts are available to provide information. We recommend that you discuss specifics with a tax or financial advisor familiar with your specific situation.
Clergy Tax Forms and Resources
- 2024 Clergy Tax Return Preparation Guide for 2023 Returns
- 2024 CPF Form B
- IRS Withholding Forms At-A-Glance
- Form W-4P – Withholding Certificate for Periodic Pension or Annuity Payments (Federal Income Tax)
- Instructions for Form W-4P
- State Equivalent – Withholding Certificate for Periodic Pension Distributions (State Income Tax)
- Form W-4R – Withholding Certificate for Nonperiodic Payments and Eligible Rollover Distributions (Federal Income Tax)
- Instructions for Form W-4R
- State Equivalent – Withholding Certificate for Nonperiodic Pension Distributions (State Income Tax)
Go to Tax Publications to order a printed copy of the Clergy Tax Guide.
Go to Tax Withholding Forms to get forms from previous years.
CPG Tax Hotline
If you have specific tax-related questions, we encourage you to contact your personal tax advisor or call our tax hotline at the numbers listed below.
- Mary Ann Hanson, CPA (retired) (877) 305-1415
- Dolly Rios, CPA* (833) 363-5751
*bi-lingual in Spanish and English
Mary Ann Hanson, CPA (retired)
Mary Ann began her career as a Certified Public Accountant in 1981. She has work primarily in the field of individual and business taxation for both large and small public accounting firms in Washington, DC; Austin, Texas; and currently in Auburn, Alabama. She has served as Finance Faculty for Episcopal CREDO for the past 11 years. Mary Ann earned a BS in Accounting from the University of Maryland. She has been a member of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Auburn, Alabama, for over 30 years and has served on the vestry and finance committee and enjoys singing in the choir. She is also a certified yoga teacher.
Dolly Rios, CPA
Dolly Rios, CPA, is a partner with Rios & McGarrigle, LLC, a Manhattan-based firm of certified public accountants and financial management consultants. She has extensive experience with clergy taxes and worked for St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in New York City prior to opening Rios & McGarrigle in 2010. During her time with a midtown CPA firm, she supervised a large audit department responsible for not-for-profit institutions with annual budgets ranging from $1 million to $100 million. Born in Colombia, Dolly moved to New York City at age 19 and earned both her undergraduate degree and her CPA certification while working full time. Dolly currently serves on the adjunct faculty of Baruch College, her alma mater. Dolly is bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
Please note that this service provides information, not personal tax advice. If you need advice or help preparing your tax returns, we recommend you consult your financial and/or tax advisor.