Church Life Traditional Individual Retirement Annuities (IRAs) offer you the opportunity to save for your retirement and supplement your pension and other savings.
With Traditional IRAs:
- Your contributions may be tax-deductible
- Contributions grow on a tax-deferred basis
- You pay taxes on distributions
- You are required to begin receiving Required Minimum Distribution payments after age 70 1/2.
The contribution limits established by the IRS for 2018 (unchanged from 2017) are:
- $5,500 up to age 50
- $6,500 age 50 or older
Deductible contributions are subject to income limits. For details, visit the IRS website to learn about 2018 IRA Contribution and Deduction Limits.
Watch Your Savings Grow!
If you open an account with $2,000 and add $2,000 each year, the account will grow to $54,600 at the end of 20 years - that's $14,600 growth2 on your contribution of $40,000. A one-time deposit of $5,000 will grow to $9,000 in 20 years.
For more information:
- Call our licensed life and retirement specialists to talk about retirement products offered by the Church Pension Group
- Consult your tax or other financial advisor about annuities and their best fit with your situation, or
- Click below for answer to common questions.
We offer two ways to fund your IRA:
- Single Premium Annuity – You make contributions within the first 60 days of your contract date using a single lump sum contribution or multiple contributions to the annuity. The current interest rate earned on contributions is 2.25%
- Flexible Premium Annuity – Lets you contribute at your own pace with multiple contributions over time. The current interest rate earned on contributions is 2.0%
With a Church Life IRA you’re guaranteed never to earn less than 1.0% annually no matter what the stock market does. You’ll also enjoy a bonus rate of an additional 1.5% on all first year contributions.1
When you are ready to start receiving income in retirement, Church Life offers ways to receive your annuity savings.
- Lifetime Income guarantees you will be paid a sum every month for the rest of your life with the option to include your spouse or beneficiary who can receive payments as well. This option is a good choice if you’re concerned with providing for yourself, your spouse, or a beneficiary.
- Income for a Specified Period or Payment Amount allows you to specify a specific period of time for which you would like to receive income or a specific amount of money you would like to receive each month. Your payment amount or time period will be based on your account balance.
1 Guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of Church Life Insurance Corporation. The Church Pension Fund does not guarantee the interest or principle. The current interest rate is not guaranteed. The bonus may not be available in all states.
2 Example assumes 3% interest throughout the investment period. Actual interest rate paid is subject to change.
Annuities are offered by Church Life.
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.