Long-Term Disability Plan
If you provide Long-Term Disability Insurance as a benefit, the monthly premium is $0.581 per $100 of monthly payroll. This benefit is 100% taxable to employees because you pay the premium.
- Clergy are covered for 50% of their regular compensation, up to $5,000 per month. See Long-Term Disability Benefits for benefits available to eligible clergy under the Clergy Long-Term Disability Plan.
- Lay employees are covered for 66 2/3% of their regular compensation, up to $5,000 per month.
Benefits for enrolled employees may be reduced by payments from:
- Workers' Compensation
- State disability
- Social Security (lay employees only)
- A settlement pertaining to the disability
- Pension benefits (lay employees only)
Long-Term Disability Insurance is portable, as long as the employee has been insured for at least 12 months. Any insured employee whose employment is terminated, and who wishes to continue coverage, may be able to convert the policy directly through Liberty Mutual*. The Application for Conversion of Group Long-Term Disability Insurance must be received by Liberty Mutual within 30 days of the employee's termination date.
To learn more:
- Lay Employee Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employer Paid Plan
- Clergy Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employer Paid Plan
- Long-Term Disability Benefits for eligible clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or Email us
To enroll your institution, complete and submit an Employer Enrollment Application Form
1As of 1/1/2016
* Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston