Retirees enrolled in one of the three Medicare Supplement Health Plans are eligible for a hearing aid benefit. The Medical Trust provides this hearing aid benefit in cooperation with Amplifon Hearing Health Care and UnitedHealthcare. The Comprehensive and Plus plans provide a maximum benefit of $1,000 per ear every five years, and the Premium plan provides a maximum benefit of $2,000 per ear every five years, for hearing diagnostic services and purchasing and maintaining hearing aids. Eligible spouses may also receive the hearing aid benefit if they are enrolled in a Medicare Supplement Health Plan, and all family members may take advantage of Amplifon Hearing Health Care's discounts, even if they are not enrolled.
Benefit for Retirees
In addition, retirees and their eligible spouses may receive discounted services from any of Amplifon Hearing Health Care’s 1,400 affiliate providers. UnitedHealthcare will reimburse care up to the benefit maximum.
To access benefits using Amplifon Hearing Health Care:
- Call (888) 432-7464 to select a provider.
- Identify yourself as a plan member of The Episcopal Church Medical Trust.
- Amplifon Hearing Health Care will send you and your selected provider a referral package.
- After you receive your referral package, call your provider to set up an appointment.
- Pay for your care at the time of service.
- Complete the Hearing Aid Reimbursement Claim Form with your doctor.
- Submit the claim to UnitedHealthcare.
For more information on Amplifon Hearing Health Care's services, download the Amplifon Hearing Health Care Flyer
Health benefits are offered through plans maintained by Church Pension Group Services Corporation (doing business as The Episcopal Church Medical Trust), 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.