Travel Medical Assistance
The Travel Protection Benefit can help retirees get necessary emergency medical treatment for an acute illness or accidental injury while traveling 100 miles away from their primary residence or outside their home country. The Medical Trust has contracted with UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance services to provide this benefit as a component of all Medicare Supplement Health Plans.
This benefit includes a $25,000 maximum per individual, per cause, and a $200,000 lifetime maximum per individual. Retirees must contact UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance within 48 hours of being admitted to an inpatient facility or within 48 hours before being evacuated, or their payment may be reduced.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in obtaining medical treatment. UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance’s staff will help make the arrangements for local referrals for treatment or evacuation due to a medical emergency.
- Assistance with providing insurance information and medical records for treatment
- Replacement of prescriptions, medical devices and corrective lenses
- Emergency travel arrangements and replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Medical evacuation
- Transportation after stabilization
- Emergency fund transfers
For further information:
- Download the UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance brochure
- Visit UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance
- Call (800) 527-0218
Health benefits are offered through plans maintained by Church Pension Group Services Corporation (doing business as The Episcopal Church Medical Trust), 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.