The Episcopal Church is very serious about protecting children and adults from sexual abuse, harassment, and exploitation. The Church Pension Group offers resources to help your parish or institution maintain a place that is safe for all.
Safeguarding God's Children: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
- For clergy, parents, youth workers, vestry members and congregation members who work with children
- Strategies for preventing and responding to child sexual abuse
Safeguarding God's People: Preventing Sexual Exploitation in Communities of Faith
- For adult members of congregations, vestry members, clergy, and others who provide pastoral care
- Addresses exploitation in pastoral relationships
Safeguarding God's People: Preventing Sexual Harassment of Church Workers
- For church workers and their managers and supervisors
- Addresses compliance with sexual harassment laws and church policies
The Safeguarding God’s Children™ web-based training is now available online in dioceses that have chosen to participate. Contact your diocese or email us to find out if you can access this online training.