Correcting the Assessment Notice
- Amend the incorrect assessment notice and return it to The Church Pension Fund.
- Call (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
- Corrections must be made within two calendar years.
When A New Cleric Joins the Staff
- Contact Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
- Remind new members of the clergy to report changes in personal information.
When Reporting a Compensation Change
- We no longer "gross up" a cash housing allowance that is less than 30% of the sum of the cash stipend, Social Security offset and utilities allowance.
- Compensation reported to The Church Pension Fund can be different from the compensation reported for Federal, state and local income tax purposes.
- All reported compensation amounts must be annualized.
- Reimbursed out-of-pocket automobile expenses, travel expenses and continuing education expenses should not be included in reported compensation.
- Barring unusual and extraordinary circumstances, retroactive changes to a cleric's salary can only be accepted for the current year and the two immediately preceding it.
Notices Mailed To Clergy
- Annual Certificate is mailed annually at the end of the first quarter and includes:
- Previous year's compensation
- Total years of Credited Service
- Assessment status
- Personal Information Summary is mailed annually at the end of the third quarter and includes:
- Beneficiary's name
- Credited Service
- Projected retirement benefit
- Highest Average Compensation