Updating Information

Correcting the Assessment Notice

  • Amend the incorrect assessment notice and return it to The Church Pension Fund.
  • Call (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
  • Corrections must be made within two calendar years.

When A New Cleric Joins the Staff

  • Contact Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
  • Remind new members of the clergy to report changes in personal information.

When Reporting a Compensation Change

Please remember:

  • We no longer "gross up" a cash housing allowance that is less than 30% of the sum of the cash stipend, Social Security offset and utilities allowance.
  • Compensation reported to The Church Pension Fund can be different from the compensation reported for Federal, state and local income tax purposes.
  • All reported compensation amounts must be annualized.
  • Reimbursed out-of-pocket automobile expenses, travel expenses and continuing education expenses should not be included in reported compensation.
  • Barring unusual and extraordinary circumstances, retroactive changes to a cleric's salary can only be accepted for the current year and the two immediately preceding it.

Notices Mailed To Clergy

  • Annual Certificate is mailed annually at the end of the first quarter and includes:
    • Previous year's compensation
    • Total years of Credited Service
    • Assessment status
  • Personal Information Summary is mailed annually at the end of the third quarter and includes:
    • Name
    • Address
    • Beneficiary's name
    • Credited Service
    • Projected retirement benefit
    • Highest Average Compensation


Pensions Disclaimer

Right Rail

Need Help?

Call Client Services for assistance
(855) 215-5990
Monday – Friday
8:30AM – 8:00PM ET
(excluding holidays)

Fax Number
(877) 4-FAX-CPG
(877) 432-9274

Looking for more information, see At-A-Glance Contact List


See all Pension Benefits Forms