COVID-19 Support Resources
Previous Revision: February 25, 2021
Current Revision: April 19, 2021
COVID-19 Funeral Assistance
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought overwhelming grief to many families. Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.
CPG Education & Wellness Resources
- Learning – Take advantage of resources to help you with physical and mental wellness, managing your finances and healthcare, and supporting your well-being.
- Financial Education Specialists – As a cleric or lay employee of The Episcopal Church, you’re entitled to complimentary discussions with our financial education specialists. Call (888) 735-7114, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM ET, or click here to schedule a discussion.
- COVID-19 vaccine coverage – Find details about COVID-19 vaccine coverage. English| Español
- COVID-19 vaccination resources from our health plan carriers:
Medical Trust Benefits & Services
- Healthcare and benefits-related concerns – Medical Trust members can contact their health plan’s member services team using the number on the back of their member ID card or by visiting their health plan’s online member portal. More information about your healthcare benefits can be found in your plan’s Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and the Health Plan Handbook here.
- Deductibles, copays, and coinsurance – Effective March 1, 2020, the Medical Trust will waive all copays, deductibles, and coinsurance for its members for healthcare services relating to the evaluation and testing for COVID-19. In addition, the Medical Trust also will waive all copays, deductibles, and in-network coinsurance for its active members for healthcare services relating to the treatment of COVID-19 through at least December 31, 2021.1
- Prescriptions and adequate supplies for Express Scripts members – Visit the Express Scripts Member Resources Center for information about Express Scripts’ response to COVID-19. If a member currently fills 30-day supplies of his or her medication at a retail pharmacy and would like the convenience of a longer-term supply, the member can ask his or her physician to write a prescription for a 90-day supply. Then the member should fill the prescription at Express Scripts Home Delivery. Express Scripts Member Services can help members get started. Should a member have any questions or concerns about his or her individual situation, Express Scripts pharmacists are available 24/7.
- Active Members: (800) 841-3361
- Retiree Members: (866) 544-6963
- Prescription delivery for Express Scripts members – Express Scripts is granting CVS and Walgreens (via its Walgreens Express™ delivery program) a limited out-of-network delivery exception and will permit them to provide free home delivery of prescriptions to Express Scripts members in a manner that would otherwise be prohibited. This agreement is solely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is a temporary exception until further notice.
- Prescriptions and adequate supplies for Kaiser Permanente members – For information about Kaiser’s pharmacy benefits and their mail order options, Kaiser members should call the number on the back of their member ID card.
- Telehealth platforms for Active Members2 – You can access a medical professional through telehealth platforms offered by Anthem, Cigna, or Kaiser using your computer or mobile device. You will need high-speed internet access, a webcam or built-in camera, and audio capability. Please remember your personal healthcare provider may not participate on the vendor’s telehealth platform. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, effective March 1, 2020, all services received via vendor telehealth platforms are available to you with no deductible, copay, or coinsurance through December 31, 2021.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield – Access LiveHealthOnline.com or download the LiveHealth Online mobile app in the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Cigna – Access MDLiveforCigna.com on your computer, or download the MDLIVE mobile app by searching in the App Store® or Google Play™.
- Kaiser Permanente – Access Kaiser’s telehealth platform services by calling the number on the back of your member ID card.
- More information about your health plan’s telehealth platforms can be found in the Plan Handbook here.
- Virtual healthcare visits for Active Members – A virtual visit is an appointment with your personal healthcare provider carried out through an electronic medium of your provider’s choice (e.g., Zoom, Skype, telephonic) but that is not offered through your health plan carrier’s telehealth platform (e.g., Anthem LiveHealth Online, Cigna MDLive). Effective March 1, 2020, the Medical Trust is allowing claims for virtual healthcare visits with network and out-of-network providers that do not use a telehealth platform offered by Anthem or Cigna. Virtual healthcare visits that do not occur on the Anthem or Cigna telehealth platform will be covered at standard levels of benefits and member cost shares. This is an exception for medical and behavioral health services rendered through at least December 31, 2021. Virtual visits are not available to Kaiser members. Kaiser members must use the Kaiser telehealth platform for telehealth services.
Other Health Resources
- Cigna Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to active members and retirees of The Episcopal Church Medical Trust (Medical Trust) plans, as well as members of their household. Cigna EAP offers an array of services designed to assist individuals with work, life, and family issues, including support for coping with stress, substance abuse issues, or assistance in identifying care for children/parents. The plan covers unlimited telephone consultations and up to 10 face-to-face counseling sessions per issue at no member cost. Cigna EAP is confidential and available 24/7 at (866) 395-7794.
- Health Plan and Benefit Resources for Retirees – Medical Trust retirees on a UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Medicare Supplement Plan can contact:
- UHC’s 24/7 NurseLine: (800) 708-3052
- Health Advocate: (866) 695-8622
- Medicare – For information, call (800) 633-4227 or visit Medicare & Coronavirus.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides comprehensive information on stress and coping.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center offers resources to support mental health for coping during these difficult days.
- Whether or not you have a Fidelity NetBenefits® account, you can access the Fidelity COVID-19 Resource Center for information on navigating market volatility, recent legislation changes, market perspectives, budgeting, managing stress, and more.
- CPG Financial Education Specialists – You are entitled to complimentary discussions with our financial education specialists. Call (888) 735-7114, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM ET, or click here to schedule a complimentary discussion.
- Social Security Administration has updates on Social Security benefits and available services during the pandemic, as well as information on COVID-19 scams and helpful links such as Coronavirus.gov, the CDC coronavirus webpage, and the US Government COVID-19 response site.
- Federal Student Aid, a US government site, offers students, parents, and borrowers information on student loan forbearance during the pandemic.
- US Department of Labor offers help with loss of employment with information on COVID-19 unemployment insurance relief and how to find your state’s unemployment website.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers information on protecting your finances during COVID-19, including mortgage relief options and student loan forbearance.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reviews coronavirus scam tips that cover phishing emails, robocalls, relief check scams, and more. There’s even an FTC scam bingo game!
Church Publishing Free Resources
For the full list, please visit churchpublishing.org/freeresources.
US Government Response
- US Department of the Treasury – Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- US Department of Labor – Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Internal Revenue Service – Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments for Individuals and Families
- US Government response to the virus outbreak – USA.gov
- Medicare – Medicare & Coronavirus
1 This deductible waiver includes our HSA-qualified CDHPs as permitted by IRS Notice 2020-15.
2 Please note, telehealth can help with minor, non-life-threatening conditions. During a medical emergency, individuals should visit the nearest hospital or call 911 for assistance.