Vintage Voice is seeking authors.
The Church Pension Group (CPG) invites retired clergy, spouses of retired clergy, and surviving spouses to submit stories for possible publication in Vintage Voice.
- Keep it short (under 1,000 words).
- Focus on a story from your experience that will inspire, challenge, or just make readers laugh.
- Don't tell your whole life story; there isn't room. Provide a brief sketch of your life and career for the biographical section at the end of the story.
- Retirement doesn't have to be your focus, but it's a natural topic for the beneficiaries who are primary readers of Vintage Voice.
- Don't limit yourself to religious and spiritual topics. Secular experiences can also offer opportunities for spiritual insight and reflection.
- Don't submit sermons. Stick to stories.
- Reading past Vintage Voice issues at Vintage Voice Archive can be helpful in shaping your own submission.
- All submissions are subject to editing, and only selected submissions will be published.