Life Changes & Your Pension
Marriage After Retirement
- Your new spouse does not automatically become your beneficiary.
- There are options for providing your spouse with survivor's benefits.
Divorce After Retirement
Your former spouse will receive a survivor’s benefit if:
- You divorce while retired, and
- Your former spouse is named as your beneficiary under a Joint and Survivor option or other benefit option election.
- If you want to name a new beneficiary for your life insurance benefit after a divorce, you must complete a new Life Insurance Beneficiary Form.