When You’re Away From Home
Feel more secure when you travel with UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance services. UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance provides a comprehensive emergency medical and travel assistance program 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance, you will have access to worldwide medical and dental referrals, emergency medical treatment, replacement of travel documents and other services. UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance services are available when you are outside the USA or are 100 or more miles from your permanent residence.
The program includes:
- Assistance in obtaining medical treatment. Whether you need a local referral for treatment or evacuation due to a medical emergency, UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance staff will help make the arrangements.
- Assistance with providing insurance information and medical records for treatment
- Replacement of prescriptions, medical devices and corrective lenses
- Emergency travel arrangements and replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Emergency fund transfers
- Destination profiles, which include health and security risks for over 170 countries
UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance is not responsible for your medical costs while you are traveling. If the services are covered under your medical plan, you can submit them as medical plan claims for reimbursement. Refer to your medical plan handbook for coverage details and information on how to submit a claim.
All of the Medical Trust medical plans include the services of UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance travel assistance program.
For more information:
- Download the United Healthcare Global Assistance brochure
- Visit UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance
- Call (800) 527-0218
Health benefits are offered through plans maintained by Church Pension Group Services Corporation (doing business as The Episcopal Church Medical Trust), 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.