Supplemental Group Life Insurance
What Is Supplemental Group Life Insurance?
Supplemental Group Life Insurance is a voluntary benefit that provides additional coverage to employees and their eligible dependents. It is offered to new employees enrolled in Group Term Life Insurance and clergy who are participating in the Clergy Pension Plan.
Coverage is provided at group rates and the employee pays 100% of the premium.
What Coverage Is Available?
The figures below reflect the minimum and maximum coverage levels available to each eligible individual:
- The employee: $50,000 to $500,000
- Spouse/domestic partner: $30,000 to $240,000
- Eligible children: $10,000 each
Coverage is reduced by 50% at age 65 and terminates at age 70.
Who Is Eligible?
- Employees who participate in employer-provided Group Life Insurance and are under the age of 64
- Clergy who participate in the Group Life Pension Benefit and are under the age of 64
- Employee’s spouse/domestic partner
- Employee’s child(ren), who is:
- Under the age of 19
- A full-time student under the age of 25, or
- Permanently disabled
The employee must purchase a policy for him/herself in order to be able to purchase a policy for his/her spouse or children.
Life insurance and annuities are offered by or through Church Life Insurance Corporation, 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.