Long-Term Disability Coverage
In most cases, injuries and illnesses that keep clergy and lay employees out of work will not last more than a few months. But in some cases, employees need a longer recovery period. As such, Aflac offers Long-Term Disability Insurance, and we encourage employees to purchase this insurance before injury or illness occurs.
Your institution may offer Long-Term Disability Insurance as a benefit, or individuals may opt to purchase it on their own.
Active clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan are automatically enrolled for long-term disability insurance and are eligible for benefits, provided their pension assessments are current. For more information, see Clergy Pension Plan Long-Term Disability Benefits.
To learn more:
- See Disability Premiums for premium rates
- See Long-Term Disability Publications for detailed Summaries of Benefits for all long-term disability plans
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 8:00 PM ET, or Email us
To file claims:
- File all claims through Aflac’s online portal or by calling (800) 206-8826
- For portal help see Aflac's New User Registration Guide
Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Disability Insurance Disclaimer