Long-Term Disability Coverage
In most cases, injuries and illnesses that keep clergy and lay employees out of work will not last more than a few months. But in some cases, employees need a longer recovery period. As such, we offer Long-Term Disability Insurance, and encourage employees to purchase this insurance before injury or illness occurs.
New Disability Vendor
Zurich American Life Insurance Company (Zurich), a New York domestic life insurance company, will become the insurer for the group short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance policies, effective January 1, 2020.
Next Steps and Key Dates
- If you elect to offer employee-paid (voluntary) disability coverage, your employees will need to make an enrollment decision between November 1 and 29, 2019
- The effective date of coverage is January 1, 2020
All communications regarding the change will also be posted in Documents & Mailings. Check there for anything you may have missed!
1 Policy Number: CNYEX01112
To learn more:
- For premium rates, click here.
- Lay Employee Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employer Paid Plan
- Lay Employee Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employee Paid Plan
- Clergy Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employee Paid Plan
- Clergy Long-Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employer Paid Plan
- Disability Claim Reporting Instructions
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or Email us