Short-Term Disability Benefit
Accidents happen. People get sick. In fact, nearly one-third of Americans entering the work force today will become disabled before they retire.1 Short-Term Disability Benefit allows your organization’s employees to continue paying their bills even when they can’t work for up to one year, and allows you to hire temporary help while they recover.
The Short-Term Disability Benefit covers major events such as:
- Maternity leave
- Extended illness
- Recovery from surgery
Active clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan are automatically enrolled for short-term disability benefits and are eligible for benefits, provided their pension assessments are current. For more information, see Short-Term Disability Benefit.
Active Lay Employees either receive this benefit from their employers or are eligible to subscribe and pay for this coverage through you, their employer.
To learn more:
- See Disability Premiums for premium rates
- See Short-Term Disability Publications for detailed Summaries of Benefits for all short-term disability plans
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or Email us
To file claims:
- File all claims through Zurich’s online portal or by calling (800) 206-8826
- For portal help see Zurich's New User Registration Guide
Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Disability Insurance Disclaimer
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.