Short Term Disability Benefit
Accidents happen. People get sick. In fact, nearly one-third of Americans entering the work force today will become disabled before they retire.1 Short Term Disability Benefit allows your organization’s employees to continue paying their bills even when they can’t work for up to one year, and allows you to hire temporary help while they recover.
The Short Term Disability Benefit covers major events such as:
- Maternity leave
- Extended illness
- Recovery from surgery
Active clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan are automatically enrolled for short term disability benefits and are eligible for benefits, provided their pension assessments are current.
Active Lay Employees either receive this benefit from their employers or are eligible to subscribe and pay for this coverage through you, their employer.
To learn more:
- For premium rates, click here.
- A Guide to Short Term Disability Benefits (Clergy)
- Lay Employee Short Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employee Paid Plan
- Lay Employee Short Term Disability Benefit Summary - Employer Paid Plan
- STD/LTD Claim Submission Checklist
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays)
Unless otherwise noted, websites referenced herein that are outside the www.cpg.org domain are not associated with The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates (collectively, the Church Pension Group) and the Church Pension Group is not responsible for the content of any such websites.