Short-Term Disability Coverage
Accidents happen. People get sick. In fact, nearly one-third of Americans entering the work force today will become disabled before they retire.1 Short-Term Disability Insurance allows your institution's employees to continue paying their bills even when they can’t work for up to one year, and allows you to hire temporary help while they recover.
The Short-Term Disability Insurance covers major events such as:
- Maternity leave
- Extended illness
- Recovery from surgery
Active clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan are automatically enrolled for short-term disability insurance and are eligible for benefits, provided their pension assessments are current. For more information, see Clergy Pension Plan Short-Term Disability Benefits.
Active Lay Employees either receive this benefit from their employers or are eligible to subscribe and pay for this coverage through you, their employer.
To learn more:
- See Disability Premiums for premium rates
- See Short-Term Disability Publications for detailed Summaries of Benefits for all short-term disability plans
- Call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET, or Email us
To file claims:
- File all claims through Aflac’s online portal or by calling (800) 206-8826
- For portal help see Aflac's New User Registration Guide
Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Disability Insurance Disclaimer