Group Life Insurance
Employer-Provided Group Life Insurance
As an employer, you may offer Group Term Life Insurance Group Term Life Insurance and/or Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit. Your plan may also provide coverage for spouses and dependent children.
- Employer-provided Group Life Insurance: Each diocese or institution determines if coverage is available and, if available, the amount of coverage offered. Active employees who are compensated for a minimum of 20 hours a week are typically eligible. (Please note that clergy who are participants in the Clergy Pension Plan receive a life insurance benefit as a benefit of the plan.)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Generally, active employees who are under the age of 70 and enrolled in Group Term Life Insurance are eligible. The maximum benefit pays up to the value of the full amount of your Group Term Life Insurance benefit.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Supplemental Group Life Insurance is available through Church Life and can be selected by employees when they are hired and during periodic open enrollments. Please note that you and your dependents can only have one supplemental life policy.
Rates and Coverage Details
Church Life offers employers low rates for our group term life insurance policies.
To speak to a client services representative for more information, email us or call (855) 215-5990, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM - 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
Enrolling a New Employee?
To enroll a new employee:
- If you have access to MLPS for online enrollment, sign in at the top of this page to access the tool and complete enrollment of the employee.
- If you do not have online access, complete the Employee Enrollment Form for Group Term Life Insurance and mail it to:
The Church Pension Fund
19 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016
or email to email@example.com
In the event that any information on this page is in conflict with the actual insurance policy or contract, the policy or contract shall govern.