It's never too soon to start planning for retirement. The earlier you start saving, the more money you will have when you need it.
Sign in to MyCPG Accounts and get pension benefits estimates when it's convenient for you using our online pension calculator1. The calculator uses your Highest Average Compensation (HAC) and years of Credited Service (CS), and provides estimates for up to 3 different retirement dates.
Access MyCPG Accounts from any page on cpg.org by clicking Sign In / Create Account at the top right of the screen.
You may also:
- Call (800) 223-6602
- Fax a request to (877) 432-9274 or
- Email us
1 For those enrolled in The Church Pension Fund Clergy Pension Plan and The Episcopal Church Lay Employees’ Retirement Plan. Those participating in multiple plans, those receiving long-term disability benefits, and those who have served or currently serve in the military will not have access to the pension calculator because of the complexity of their plans.
When you retire, you may serve in the Episcopal Church and continue to receive pension benefits as long as:
- You do not work for pay in the church or institution from which you have retired, unless requested by your bishop and approved by The Church Pension Fund.
- Your total compensation from Episcopal Church-related income does not exceed $42,850 as of January 1, 2023 (up from $41,700 in 2022).
- Work outside the church does not impact your benefits from the Clergy Pension Plan, unless requested by your bishop and approved by The Church Pension Fund.
For The Church Pension Fund to consider an exception to these requirements, the bishop in the diocese where you are called must:
- Write to The Church Pension Fund, explaining why your service in that position contributes to the mission strategy of the congregation or diocese.
- Complete the Working While Pensioned Exception Application.
- Send the letter and application to:
- The Church Pension Fund
c/o Michelle Langone
19 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016
- The Church Pension Fund
The Church Pension Fund offers many retirement planning resources, including PlanAhead for Retirement, an online tool customized for clergy and lay employees. In addition, we offer:
- Retirement Spending Calculator can help you estimate how long your savings will last and create a retirement budget.
- Retiree Housing Locator provides a list of retirement housing and care facilities by state.
Additionally, we have a variety of worksheets to help you assess your current financial situation and plan for the future.