Church Pension Group | Protect Your Benefits

Protect Your Benefits

Your retirement benefits are calculated using your years of Credited Service and your  Highest Average Compensation. It’s critical that information about your credited service, assessments, compensation, and position is current and accurate.

In addition, it’s important that we have current personal information when preparing estimates or when calculating pension benefits. In the event of your death, up-to-date information regarding your spouse, children, and any other beneficiaries will ensure that we pay benefits correctly and quickly. Without current information, you or your loved ones may lose out on benefits, or the payment of benefits may be delayed.

Critical Information You Should Keep Current

Credited Service and Assessments

Credited Service is earned only for months in which the full monthly assessment is paid. Additionally, compensation during any period that assessments were not paid will not be included in the Highest Average Compensation calculation. Because your final monthly pension benefit is based on your Highest Average Compensation and Credit Service, non-payment of monthly assessments may impact your pension benefit.

If your employer has not paid your assessment and you are in danger of not receiving your full Credited Service for the year, you will be notified by The Church Pension Fund (CPF).  

You receive an Annual Statement from The Church Pension Fund. It reports your compensation for the year, and the information we had at the time it was created for your Highest Average Compensation and Credited Service.

You can view your current Highest Average Compensation and Credited Service, and access your most recent Annual Statement in the Pension Plan section of your MyCPG Accounts profile. Notify us immediately if there is an error.

For details about assessments, see Cost of Coverage. For information about how non-payment of your assessments may affect you participation status in the Clergy Pension Plan, see Eligibility.

Compensation and Position

Be sure that we have information about your current position. This will ensure that we bill the correct employer for your assessments and have accurate information for your Credited Service.

You can view your current employer information on MyCPG Accounts. If you have changed jobs or if there has been a change in your compensation or your duties, ask the administrator to update your information in My Admin Portal (MAP) or submit the Employment Change Form.

Contact Information

Make sure we have your current contact information so that you will receive notifications. Update your address, phone number, and email address conveniently online by logging in to your MyCPG Accounts and clicking "Personal Information".

Marriage and Children

Changes in your family status can impact your benefit, or theirs. Martial status and dependents can be updated through MyCPG Accounts, or by completing the Personal Information Change Form.


A Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) gives your former spouse the right to receive all or a portion of your pension benefits. A QDRO has tax and legal benefits – discuss this with your lawyer.

Report Errors and Changes Immediately

Make changes to your through MyCPG Accounts. Simply log in and click “Personal Information”.

For assistance, call Client Services: 
(866) 802-6333
Monday – Friday
8:30AM – 8:00PM ET