Protect Your Benefits
Your retirement benefits are calculated using on your Highest Average Compensation and years of Credited Service. Therefore, it is critical to ensure that your compensation and assignment information is current and accurate.
In addition, it's important that we have current personal information in our files to make sure that we have complete information when preparing estimates for you, or when calculating your pension benefits. In the event of your death, having accurate information regarding your spouse, children, and any beneficiaries will make sure that we pay the benefits correctly and quickly. If we do not have current information, you or your loved ones may lose out on your benefits or the payment of benefits may be delayed.
Critical Information You Should Keep Current
- Your compensation and assessments - Notify us immediately if there is an error. Remember, your final monthly pension benefit is based on your Highest Average Compensation and Credited Service is only earned if full assessments are paid. Your most recent Annual Certificate or Personal Information Statement report the information we have for your HAC and CS. To request a copy of either statement, please call Client Services at (866) 802-6333.
- To report changes in your compensation or duties effective January 1, 2018, submit the Employment Change Form - 2018 (note that your administrator must sign the form).
- To report changes in your compensation or duties effective on or before December 31, 2017, submit the Report of Change in Your Compensation 2017 form, or have your information updated in the Employee Roster.
- Your position - Be sure that we have information about your current position. This will ensure that we bill the correct employer for your assessments and have accurate information for your Credited Service. If you have changed jobs, complete the Employment Change Form - 2018 for changes effective on or after January 1, 2018 or the New Assignment Notice - 2017 for changes on or before December 1, 2017.
- Your address - Make sure we have a current address for you so that you will receive notifications. If there is a change in your address complete the Personal Information Change Form.
- Your family status - Did you get married? Have a baby? Changes in your family status can impact your benefit, or theirs. Complete the Personal Information Change Form. More information on survivor's benefits and how marriage and divorce may impact your pension benefit is available at Survivor's Benefits.
Verify That Your Assessments Are Being Paid
You receive an Annual Certificate from Church Pension Fund (CPF) that shows your compensation for the year and the status of your assessment payments. If the assessment is not paid, you will not earn CS and your compensation will not be included in the HAC calculation for the period assessments were not paid, which may impact your pension benefit.
If your employer has not paid your assessment and you are in danger of not receiving your Credited Service for the year, you will be notified by CPF.
Report Errors and Changes Immediately
Call Client Services for assistance
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 8:00PM ET