Group Life Insurance
Employer-Provided Group Life Insurance
Some employers provide an additional Group Term Life Insurance and/or Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit. Please check with your employer or diocese to confirm the specific details of your plan.
- Employer-provided Group Life Insurance: Each diocese or institution determines if coverage is available and, if available, the amount of coverage offered. Active lay employees who are compensated for a minimum of 20 hours a week may be eligible.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Generally, active lay employees who are under the age of 70 and enrolled in Group Term Life Insurance are eligible. The maximum benefit pays up to the value of the full amount of your Group Term Life Insurance benefit.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Supplemental Group Life Insurance is available through Church Life and can be selected only when you are hired and during periodic open enrollments. Please note that you and your dependents can only have one supplemental life policy.
Is my Group Life Insurance benefit enough?
- If your circumstances require additional coverage, Church Life offers Supplemental Group Term Life Insurance as well as a variety of Individual Life Insurance Options at affordable rates.
- If you’re unclear about the different options, please consult our glossary of commonly used terms.
Life insurance and annuities are offered by or through Church Life Insurance Corporation, 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.