Supplemental Group Life Insurance
What Is Supplemental Group Life Insurance?
Supplemental Group Life Insurance is a voluntary benefit that provides additional coverage to clergy and their eligible dependents. Coverage is provided at group rates and you, the employee, pay 100% of the premium. Supplemental life insurance is available:
- Through the group life benefit of the Clergy Pension Plan during periodic enrollment opportunities OR
- Through employer-provided group life plans when you are hired and during periodic enrollment opportunities
- You can purchase supplemental group life insurance through either the Clergy Pension Plan or your employer-provided plan. (Please note you and your dependents can have only one supplemental life policy.)
What Coverage Is Available?
The figures below reflect the minimum and maximum coverage levels available to each eligible individual:
- You, the employee: $50,000 to $500,000
- Your spouse/domestic partner: $30,000 to $240,000
- Your eligible children: $10,000 each
Coverage is reduced by 50% at age 65 and terminates at age 70.
Who Is Eligible?
- Clergy who participate in Group Life Insurance and are under the age of 64
- Your spouse/domestic partner
- Your child(ren), who is:
- Under the age of 19
- A full-time student under the age of 25, or
- Permanently disabled
The employee must purchase a policy for him/herself in order to be able to purchase a policy for his/her spouse or children.
Life insurance and annuities are offered by or through Church Life Insurance Corporation, 19 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016.