Eligibility & Enrollment
To be eligible for Short Term Disability Benefit, you must be:
- Actively working for the Episcopal Church
- Employed at least 20 hours per week in a paid position
If you meet these conditions and your employer provides the benefit, you are covered from the first day of employment. If you purchase short term disability coverage from your employer, you are covered from the first day you enroll in the plan.
If your employer offers a Short Term disability Benefit, you should be enrolled as part of your initial employment. You are eligible for coverage on your first active day of work, without the need to provide a health statement. Please contact your employer's benefits administrator with any questions about enrollment.
- View the Summary of Benefits for Short Term Disability Insurance: Employer Paid (Non-contributory) Plan.
Voluntary (Employee-Paid) Plan
If your employer does not offer a Short Term Disability Benefit, you can purchase it through your employer. It is best to enroll in this coverage during the first 31 days of your employment to guarantee coverage without providing a health statement.
If you enroll after 31 days:
- An Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form is required
- Enrollment is not guaranteed
- Your Evidence of Insurability (EOI) form must be processed and approved by Lincoln Financial Group*
If you have questions about Short Term Disability Benefits eligibility or enrollment, please review our Common Questions and the Summary of Benefits for Short-Term Disability Insurance: Employee Paid (Voluntary) Plan - Lay, or contact your administrator.