Our health is one of the major concerns that we have as we age. It has been proven that our longevity and well-being depends on our commitment to healthy eating, health living, and exercise.
Manage your health and healthcare. It’s important to understand your choices and options for healthcare and treatment, as well as maintaining your health. A few steps can help you take control.
Understand your healthcare benefits
Review your healthcare benefits package to understand the benefits available to you. The Episcopal Church Medical Trust (Medical Trust) offers three Medicare Supplement Health Plans.
All the Medical Trust plans offer pharmacy, vision, hearing, and mental health benefits. Dental benefits may be purchased as a separate plan.
Some additional benefits offered through the Medical Trust Medicare Supplemental Health Plans are:
- Health Advocate - Health Advocate is a confidential service that can reduce some of the stress and confusion of navigating the healthcare system by helping you understand your diagnoses, secure second opinions, manage health benefit claims and more. It is included as part of your healthcare benefit.
- Cigna Employee Assistance Program - The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential, 24-hour service that connects you with counselors to help you with immediate health needs and with assistance for therapy referrals, tips for balancing your personal and professional life, legal consultations, financial services and much more. It is included as part of your healthcare benefit.
- SilverSneakers - Participants in the Medicare Supplement Health Plans can access the Tivity Health SliverSneakers® fitness program at no extra cost.
Tips & Resources - Get Healthy in Retirement
- We sponsor conferences across the church. Click here to see what conferences may be available in your area!
- Sign up for Walk and Be Well, a 28-day interactive program that helps you realize the many and varied benefits of regular and intentional walking. The program is a series of daily audio reflections to guide you through your walk and provide inspiration for contemplation.