Employee Assistance Program
Sometimes you just need to talk to someone.
To help address your emotional, physical, family, and legal needs, the Medical Trust offers the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to clergy and lay members of our medical plans, their covered dependents and any other household members. This benefit provides immediate help, referrals, and resources. The plan covers telephone consultations and up to 10 face-to-face counseling sessions per issue at no member cost.
The Cigna EAP is a confidential 24-hour service that can help you access the resources you or anyone within your household wants to talk to someone. It is offered at no charge to members, as part of the Medical Trust plans.
The trained professional EAP staff can provide:
- 24/7 phone access for behavioral health issues
- Referrals for in-person counseling
- Referrals to network lawyers for a free 30-minute legal consultation
- Financial services and referrals
- Tips for balancing work and family
- Assistance finding childcare and senior care
There are also online resources on such issues as:
- Emotional well-being and life events
- Family and caregiving
- Health and wellness
- Daily living
- Disaster Resource Center
Accessing Your EAP Benefits
To access EAP services, call (866) 395-7794, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or sign in to myCigna.com (employer ID: EpiscopalPSN).
Cigna offers a guided search experience to help you find the right provider at the right time. Download the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) brochure and the Behavioral Health Network flyer to learn more.
The Cigna EAP now includes access to Talkspace® virtual behavioral health!
- Connect with a licensed therapist or psychiatrist online, by video, or text using Talkspace, available for Cigna EAP members, ages 13 and up.
- Visit myCigna.com or download the getting started flyer to learn how to access Talkspace virtual behavioral health.
Pastoral Support Network (PSN)
The Pastoral Support Network (PSN) offers counseling and support services with a particular sensitivity to the unique issues priests and their families may experience. If there's an issue for which you'd like assistance, you can talk with a PSN counselor over the phone or get a referral for a counseling professional in your area.
PSN is part of your EAP benefit and is completely confidential. Neither your congregation/employer nor the Medical Trust will be notified when you use the services.
PSN is offered at no cost and is available to all the family members in your household. For more information or to talk with a PSN specialist, call (866) 395-7794.
The EAP also offers interactive online seminars on a variety of topics related to wellness at home and in the workplace.
Browse all currently available webcasts or learn more at Cigna.com/EAPWebcasts.