It is important to notify the Church Pension Group as soon as possible of any changes related to your beneficiaries.
If your final divorce decree requires you to assign a portion of your pension benefit to your former spouse, there are both tax and legal reasons for creating a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). Discuss this with your lawyer.
- A QDRO gives your former spouse the right to receive all or a portion of your pension benefits.
- A QDRO has tax and legal benefits - discuss this with your lawyer.
- You should have your QDRO approved by Fidelity Investments.
- Refer to the QDRO Procedures and Model Form for Lay Employees.
- We cannot provide information about your pension benefits to a third party unless you execute a Consent Form.
- Call the Benefit Services Center at (877) 208-0092 with any questions.