Group Medicare Advantage
Once you are retired, access to quality, affordable healthcare is more important than ever.
Although Medicare Part A and Part B provide coverage for medically necessary health services, you may wish to enhance that health insurance with The Episcopal Church Medical Trust’s Group Medicare Advantage (GMA) plan, which has two plan options:
- GMA Premium (PPO)
- GMA Comprehensive (PPO)
- UnitedHealthcare® HouseCalls – An optional in-home visit with a health care professional to review your health history and current medications, discuss health screenings and identify health risks.
- Telephonic Nurse Support – Speak to a registered nurse any time about your medical questions and concerns.
- Renew Rewards – Earn rewards for taking an active role in your health and wellness by completing healthcare activities.
- Renew Active – A fitness program with free gym membership, personalized fitness plans and an online brain health program.
- Post-discharge transportation – Get rides to and from medical-related appointments after discharge from a hospital or skilled nursing facility. This benefit provides unlimited rides for up to 30 days post-discharge when referred by a UnitedHealthcare advocate.
- Post-discharge meals – Freshly made meals delivered at no additional cost immediately following discharge from a hospital or skilled nursing facility. The post-discharge meal delivery program provides you with up to 84 meals immediately following discharge from a hospital or skilled nursing facility when referred by a UnitedHealthcare advocate.
- Choose from thousands of pharmacies across the US, or have prescriptions delivered through OptumRx® Home Delivery.
- With UnitedHealthcare Hearing, get access to hundreds of name-brand and private-labeled hearing aids at any of the 7,000 UnitedHealthcare Hearing providers nationwide.
- UnitedHealthcare Global offers 24-hour travel and medical assistance services while traveling 100 miles or more away from home or outside of your home country.
Some additional benefits offered through the Medical Trust are:
- Health Advocate is a confidential service that can help you navigate the healthcare system and understand your diagnoses, secure second opinions, manage health benefit claims, and more.
- The Cigna Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential, 24-hour service that connects you with counselors to help you with immediate health needs and with assistance for therapy referrals, tips for balancing your personal and professional life, legal consultations, financial services, and much more. It is included as part of your healthcare benefit and is also available to your covered dependents and any other household members.
- Vision benefits offered through EyeMed's Insight Network provide coverage for an annual eye exam and cost savings on prescription glasses or contact lenses.
Please note: Dental benefits are not included in Medicare or our Group Medicare Advantage plan and must be purchased separately.