You can begin receiving your benefit as soon as you retire. The amount you receive depends on the value of your account balance. Some of your options include:
- Maintaining your savings in the plan until you decide to withdraw some or all of your funds
- Receiving a lump sum payment of all or a portion of your account
- Receiving monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual installments
- Rolling over your account balance into another retirement plan, IRA, or Roth IRA, subject to IRS requirements.
If you leave your church employment before you retire:
- You can roll over your account balance to another retirement plan, IRA, or Roth IRA.
- You can maintain your account balance in the plan until you must begin to receive required minimum distributions.
- You can take a distribution from your account, but you may be subject to a 10% early withdrawal tax, in addition to applicable income taxes.
- Contact Fidelity Investments at (877) 208-0092 to discuss your options.
If you become permanently disabled while you are employed by the Church:
- Your account balance may be payable to you with the 10% tax on early distributions waived.
- Aﬂac, which has been designated as The Church Pension Fund Medical Board for the plan, must certify the disability.
When you die:
- Your account balance generally will be payable to your designated beneﬁciary(ies), so it is important to keep them up to date.
For more information, please see the RSVP & Lay DC Plan Employee Guide.