For you to participate in the Lay Defined Contribution Plan:
- Your employer must:
- Adopt the plan
- Enroll you in the plan
- You must:
- Be scheduled to work a minimum of 1,000 hours per year
- You may begin contributing as soon as you are enrolled
- If your employer has elected to make contributions, your employer will start contributing as soon as you are enrolled
If you are re-employed in the Church after previously participating in the plan, you are eligible to enroll in the Lay Defined Contribution Plan with your new participating employer if:
- You were employed by the Church within the last 30 years.
- You are scheduled to work a minimum of 1,000 hours per year with your current employer.