Defined Benefit Plan Members
As a member of The Church Pension Fund's Defined Benefit Plan, your pension benefits are determined when you retire and are based on:
Pension Benefit Checklist
- To ensure your pension benefit is accurate:
- Make sure your assessments are paid in full and on time.
- Review your Personal Information Summary every year and contact Pension Services with any corrections or questions.
- Contact us if:
- You change jobs.
- You marry, divorce, or if your spouse dies.
- You become a parent.
- You move.
- You have a salary change.
- You need to change beneficiary information.
- Develop a comprehensive retirement plan that includes Social Security, personal savings and investments.
- Remember, assistance is only a phone call away! Contact Pension Services at (866) 802-6333 Monday - Friday, 8:30AM - 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays) for help planning for your retirement and to submit updated information.
The Lay Defined Benefit Plan is a qualified plan under Section 401(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, but as a church plan, it is not subject to ERISA. The plan's financial condition is disclosed in the Church Pension Group Annual Report.
The Church Pension Fund, as sponsor of this plan, continues to monitor the funding status closely. Like many defined benefit plans, the Lay Defined Benefit Plan currently is not fully funded. The Church Pension Fund retains the right to amend, terminate or modify the terms of the Lay Defined Benefit Plan, including the employer assessment rate, without notice and for any reason.