If your employer provides Long Term Disability Insurance as a benefit, you may receive 66 2/3% of your regular compensation, up to $5,000 per month. Your benefit is taxable because your employer pays the premium. Additionally, your benefits will be reduced if you receive:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Disability benefits from your state
- Social Security
- A settlement pertaining to your disability
- Pension benefits
If your employment ends, you may be eligible to convert your coverage, as long as you have been insured for at least 12 months. Submit an Application for Conversion of Long Term Disability Insurance and your first quarterly premium to Liberty Mutual* within 31 days of your last day of work.
To learn more about Long Term Disability Insurance:
- Download the Benefit Summary for Long-Term Disability Insurance: Employer Paid (Non-Contributory) Plan
- Call Client Services at (866) 802-6333, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
* Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston