You can begin receiving benefits after you have been unable to work for 12 months because of illness or injury and you are under a physician's care. Liberty Mutual * periodically reviews your claim while you are receiving benefits. You will continue to receive benefits as long as your disability continues, depending on your age at the time you become disabled.**
If you are:
- Under age 60: you may receive benefits until you reach age 65
- Age 60 – 64: you may receive benefits for up to five years
- Age 65 – 69: you may receive benefits until you reach age 70 (but not less than one year)
- Age 70 or older: you may receive benefits for one year
For more information on receiving Long Term Disability Insurance benefits, call Client Services at (866) 802-6333, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
Don't wait until you need coverage to make sure you'll be taken care of in case of an emergency.
You may not receive benefits if you’re disabled during the first year of coverage as the result of a pre-existing condition.
To learn more about Long Term Disability Insurance, call Client Services at (866) 802-6333, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-8:00PM ET (excluding holidays).
* Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston
** For claims occurring on or after January 1, 2016, your claim will be administered by Liberty Mutual. For claims occurring on or before December 31, 2015, your claim will be administered by First Unum Life Insurance Company of America.