Your Role as a Healthcare Consumer
When you or a family member are undergoing medical procedures, you may not know the questions to ask the doctor. Or, you may need some assistance in selecting a physician. The following is a list of suggested questions to help you select a doctor and questions to ask during treatment. They’ll help you gain a better understanding of the situation and the treatment that is being recommended, so you can partner with your doctor in making decisions that impact your health.
What You Should Ask
Do You Still Have Questions?
One important benefit that all healthcare plans provided by the Medical Trust offer is Health Advocate. This resource can help you:
- Understand the questions to ask about your treatment
- Find a doctor or specialist
- Get a second opinion
- Resolve benefit claims and correct billing mistakes
- Research rehabilitation and after-treatment care options
Health Advocate is there to help you. Staffed by medical professionals, Health Advocate will help to answer your questions and understand your situation.
For more details:
- Download the Health Advocate brochure.
- Sign in to Health Advocate (password: episcopal).
- Call (866) 695-8622, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM - 9:00PM ET.