Eligibility & Enrollment
Clergy who meet the following criteria are automatically eligible for the Short-Term Disability Benefit:
- Participant in the Clergy Pension Plan
- Actively working in an Episcopal organization, or temporarily between cures
- Pension assessment payments to The Church Pension Fund are not more than six months in arrears
- Canonically resident in the United States (for clergy canonically resident outside the U.S. and actively participating in the International Clergy Pension Plan, the short-term disability is limited to disabilities related to childbirth)
Active clergy participating in the Clergy Pension Plan are automatically enrolled in Short-Term Disability Benefit.
Lay employees who meet the following criteria are eligible for Short-Term Disability Benefit beginning the first day of their employment (if this benefit is offered by your organization):
- Actively working for the Episcopal Church and
- Employed at least 20 hours per week in a paid position.
Employer Pays Premiums
If your organization offers disability coverage as a benefit, enroll your employees as part of their initial employment. They are covered on their first active day of work.
Employee Pays Premiums
It is best to enroll employees in this coverage during the first 31 days of their employment.
After 31 days:
- An Evidence of Insurability (EOI) Form is required and must be processed by Zurich American Life Insurance Company.
- Enrollment is not guaranteed.
If you have questions about Short-Term Disability eligibility or enrollment, please review Short Term Disability Publications.
To enroll your institution, call Client Services at (855) 215-5990, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays), or Email us.
Policy Number: CNYEX01112
Disability Insurance Disclaimer