To purchase a Group Medicare Advantage health plan, retirees must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B1 and satisfy one of the eligibility requirements listed in the 2022 Administrative Policy Manual.
Retirees who have taken Early Retirement should call Client Services at (800) 480-9967 Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays) about their eligibility for Medical Trust health plans.
Eligible dependents must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B and include the member's:
- Spouse (If your spouse is over age 65 and you are an active employee, your spouse will be covered by your active medical benefits)
- Surviving spouse
- Former spouse, provided the eligibility requirements are met
- Domestic partner
- Surviving domestic partner
- Disabled2 dependent child, if the disability began before age 25
- Surviving disabled dependent child, if the disability began before age 25
If you have questions, call Client Services at (800) 480-9967 Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 8:00PM ET (excluding holidays) or email us.
1 Enrollment in Medicare Parts A and B is required for participation in the Group Medicare Advantage plan, but is not required for the dental plans.
2 You are considered disabled if you have a medically determinable physical or mental condition which prevents you from engaging in substantial gainful activity and which can be of long-continued or indefinite duration.