UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance provides emergency medical and travel assistance services for Medical Trust plan members traveling at least 100 miles from their primary residence, either in the U.S. or abroad, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance, members have access to worldwide medical and dental referrals, emergency medical treatment, replacement of travel documents, and other services.
The program includes:
- Assistance in obtaining medical treatment. UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance staff will help make the arrangements for local referrals for treatment or evacuation due to a medical emergency.
- Assistance with providing insurance information and medical records for treatment
- Replacement of prescriptions, medical devices and corrective lenses
- Emergency travel arrangements and replacement of lost or stolen travel documents
- Emergency fund transfers
- Destination profiles, which include health and security risks for over 170 countries
UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance is not responsible for the member’s medical costs.
For more information:
- Download the United Healthcare Global Assistance brochure
- Visit UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance
- Call (800) 527-0218