Tell Us Your Story
CPG Connect is seeking authors.
The Church Pension Group (CPG) invites retired clergy and lay employees, their spouses, and surviving spouses to submit their stories for possible publication in a future CPG Connect.
- Keep it short (under 750 words).
- Focus on a story from your experience that will inspire, challenge, or just make readers laugh.
- Don't tell your whole life story; There isn't room. But do provide a brief bio (100 words or fewer) to accompany your story.
- Retirement doesn't have to be your focus, but your story should be connected to retirement in some way, even if only as a place from which to reminisce.
- Don't limit yourself to religious and spiritual topics. Secular experiences can also offer opportunities for spiritual insight and reflection.
- Don't submit sermons. Stick to a story—a piece of writing with a beginning, a middle, and an end.
- Reading past Vintage Voice issues at Vintage Voice Archive can be helpful in shaping your submission.
- All submissions are subject to editing, and only selected submissions will be published.